Skip to main content

Stepping on Number 30 and the Surprises


There’s no special feeling on 22nd of November this year except I had to be ready with requests for treat. So, on 23rd of November I woke up lazily as usual. No excitement at all or any smile on my face. As a matter of fact, it was rather melancholic feelings which approached me. I felt like wanting to burst into tears. The color pink I chose to help me fix my mood. Yet, it didn’t help much.
Actually I have already got the clue that the kids were going to give me some surprises on the 23rd of November. To respect their sincere intention, I tried to play along with their tricks.
The first trick was the chaos and fighting trick. My class, XA, was in chaos. Generally, if it’s not a hoax, I would get really angry or afraid then ran away and burst into tears in fright. But luckily, I had already known that it was all tricks to celebrate my birthday, so I smiled and did some stupid things. I guess, they knew that I had read their tricks, so they brought the chocolate cake for me. Another blowing candles and making wishes, well I don’t mind. And not to forget the smearing cream on my face, just say cheese! Another surprise was some gifts from them. There’re a puppy doll, book, clock along with the photo frames and scarf.
The commotion didn’t stop there. The kids from XC surprised me again (which I had already known too ^^). Another cake, smearing cream, and blowing candles, I had to deal with all those things again. I love it. This time is even more special since two kids celebrated their birthday with me, Ali and Arum.
The most touchy part was when they wished for my happiness and may I always look beautiful (they actually said that honestly ^^) and will finally be married soon (they know my wish) and have kids soon (another wish of mind ^^). I love to see their smiling faces and sincere feelings in celebrating my 30th birthday, another special birthday for me.
Last night Oppa made a phone call using his cell phone (he rarely uses his cell phone to call me) wishing happy birthday.
They are some kids whose class I don’t teach anymore, wishing happy birthday to me. I got some birthday wish from the alumnae. Hehehe they still remember their weird and wacko teacher. ^___^ love you all and thank you.
For me this 30th is somewhat different. Well, finally in my almost 30th I did something big, at least for me. The Talk show Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi, is my first Job and achievement. It is something that I can feel proud of.
Finally, happy 30 and keep on fighting for your dreams, Sansan!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

프라이팬 놀이/Frying Pan Game/BTS

Playing Frying Pan Game/BTS We played a new game called Frying pan game (프라이팬 놀이) with our Korean guests in our Korean Class. It was fun. It’s like catching the mouse game. We learn the Korean numbers in the same time.  Say, if your friend mentions your name and the number, you have to mention your name according to the number he/she mentions previously.  For example, if your friend says "Dana dul (2)", so you have to say your name twice, "Dana...Dana" and so on and so on. If you make a mistake, well, you get the punishment. The type of the punishment depends on the agreement of the players. They are many types, trust me. Just choose one.  This game was played on one of the TV programs in Korea hosted by Kang Ho Dong (강 호 동), Hye Ryong said. 재미 있네요. 우리 애들이 놀이를 좋아해요.  But hey! BTS too played this game on one of their TV shows.  You can check out the video  here  So far, we have learned many Korean games. Mostly we got from Korean T

Bungeoppang a.k.a Taiyaki

Bungeoppang a.k.a Taiyaki “ What did Archimedes say? “Eureka”. I would like to borrow his word for my little success although I didn’t invent anything. ”     Aku udah bingung banget cari resep Bungeoppang , kue isi pasta kacang merah berbentuk ikan. Coba beberapa resep tetep tak sukses. Lalu aku tengok resep sodara tuanya Bungeoppang , Taiyaki . Ceritanya dulu orang Jepang yang memperkenalkan Taiyaki ke Korea saat jaman pendudukan mereka dulu. Nah, kalo orang Korea bilang Bungeoppang itu sama a ja  dengan Taiyaki . Untuk sejarah   Taiyaki dan Bungeoppang bisa dicari di Wikipedia . Infonya lengkap.   Back to my story Nah, setelah tidak berhasil dengan resep sebelumnya (kegagalan dijamin ada dipihak pembuat kuenya bukan di pembuat resep ^^;) aku kemarin iseng dan penasaran cari resep Bungeoppang dalam bahasa Korea tapi ga dapet. Ada sih satu tapi ga detail dan aku ga ngerti. Trus aku cari resep sodara tuanya aja, Taiyaki. I am lucky. Aku dapet beberapa resep Taiyaki. S

Dora The Explorer Dan Oreo Termahal

Dora the Explorer Dan Oreo Termahal Badan pegal – pegal karena terpenjara selama lebih dari lima jam. Ditambah lagi harus berhimpitan di kerumunan manusia saat festival. Begitu masuk ke dalam  subway , yang pertama kali ingin kulakukan adalah tidur. Ah leganya ketika kulihat ada kursi kosong yang bisa kududuki. Enaknya bisa selonjoran untuk mehilangkan rasa pegal di kaki. Rupanya ketika aku tertidur, muridku iseng mengambil foto diriku yang sedang tertidur. Refleks aku terbangun. Begitu tersadar, tiba – tiba muncul seorang anak kecil bersama ibunya. Mereka berdiri tepat di hadapanku. Harusnya aku beri kursi itu pada mereka tapi ada sedikit kebingungan soal memberi tempat duduk di Korea atau di Jepang. Terkadang para orang tua menolak tawaran tersebut. Terlebih lagi jika kita menawarkan kursi itu pada orang yang masih muda. Salah satu alasan yang kutahu adalah mereka tak ingin terlihat seperti orang tua. Maka, tak heran jika beberapa orang tua pun terkadang menolak diberi kurs